Do you know exactly how to be successful in life? The traits of successful people can vary, depending on the person. But guess what?
While there are 7 main traits of successful people, there’s only one success trait that all successful people share in common.
They’re persistent! Persistence is the only common denominator of all successful people. Here’s one of the greatest success quotes ever:
“Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence!
“Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful [people] with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is filled with educated derelicts. Perseverance and determination alone are omnipotent!” (Calvin Coolidge 1872-1933)
The 7 Traits for How to Be Successful in Life
1. Know what you want. Knowing what you want doesn’t just apply to business goals. You need to be crystal clear about all your desires. Everyday hundreds of things tug at our attention. If you don’t know what you want, you’ll end up someplace else or all over the place.
Many people with great success qualities work hard, but still end up just spinning their wheels. You need to know specifically what success means to you. That’s how you can tell when you get there. Then you can say, “I made it! I achieved my goal! I am successful!”
2. Prioritize your actions. Besides knowing what you want, you need your priorities in order. There are many times when you have to choose – even among your own goals. So write down what you want in priority order and check your list whenever you get confused. But don’t engrave it in stone. You’ll need to make adjustments as circumstances change.
3. Manage time effectively. Effective time management is a trait of most successful people. And although it takes time and practice to master it, when you’re on the road to success, organizing everything mentally is way too difficult. It must be written down and prioritized.
4. Be a positive force. No matter what your attitude is about “positive thinking,” the facts are clear. Pessimists never succeed. Successful people generally use optimistic self-talk, an attitude of gratitude and a positive perspective to stay enthusiastic, creatively motivated and consistently move towards their vision. So think and speak positively.
5. Take inspired action. Although positive thinking is important, you can’t get what you want just by thinking about it. But if you persistently focus on a strong, clear vision of what you want, you will intuitively be inspired to take the appropriate actions for reaching your goals. You’ll get great ideas, know what to do next and be motivated to do it.
6. Work for success. Sorry, there are no free lunches. You’re going to have to work to get what you want. But when you know how to motivate yourself, follow your intuition and work smart, it’s easy. You’ll feel excited and enjoy working to make your “dreams come true.”
7. Practice persistence. Finally, here’s the only trait that all successful people share – they never ever give up! And, because of that, they make more mistakes and have more failures than unsuccessful people. But failure only stops failures. Successful people get right back to work and keep on keeping on, until they finally succeed.
And if you persistently follow in their footsteps, with these seven traits of successful people, you’ll learn how to be successful in life too.
More Guidelines to Change Your Life:
Change Your Habits to Change Your Life
The Secret: Is the “Law of Attraction” Real?
How to Manage Time Management Effectively
Brand New Quotes: Motivation Quotes to Motivate