Promoters for the “law of attraction” say all you have to do is think about what you want for it to magically show up in your life.
Could this be possible? While positive thinking is an important aspect to getting what you want, law of attraction “secret” concepts lead many to believe they can be successful without taking action. However,
“Man stands for long time with mouth open before roast duck flies in.”
This ancient Chinese proverb means that to hope and expect something good to happen, without working for it, is just wishful thinking.
The Secret to Getting What You Want in Life
Want to know the truth about the secret of “attraction” for success? While we may not know everything about all the “laws” of the universe, we do know seven important principles for how to get what you want.
1. Think & Speak Positively: Studies show that optimistic thinking can absolutely affect your health, happiness and positive results.
2. Focus on Priority Goals: A written list of prioritized goals has been shown to dramatically increase a person’s success possibilities.
3. Use Time Management: Accomplishment is pretty near impossible without tracking and prioritizing how you spend your time.
4. Believe You Can Do It: People who get what they want in life believe in their potential and know how to change their core belief systems.
5. Affirm What You Want: Using affirmations and positive self-talk keeps you focused on your goals and optimistic about achieving them.
6. Visualize the Outcome: “Seeing” the desired end result of what you want, gives you the confidence to go for it and make it happen.
7. Be Grateful & Thankful: Appreciating what’s good in life keeps you in a super positive frame of mind for more good things to come your way.
Even though “law of attraction” books and seminars use some of the above success principles, there’s still one major flaw – the idea that you don’t need to roll up your sleeves and work for what you want.
Are you willing to risk getting what you want for this free-lunch promise?
Does the “Law of Attraction” Work? Or Do You?
Back to the original question, “Is the law of attraction real?” Successful people know the importance of hard work and the human tendency to avoid it. Here are words of wisdom from sages through the ages.
“Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” – Thomas Edison
“God gives every bird its food, but He does not throw it into its nest.” – Josiah Gilbert Holland
“I’m a great believer in luck, and I find that the harder I work the more I have of it.” – Thomas Jefferson
“The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary.” – Vidal Sassoon
Someday humans may be able to just sit and get whatever they want, like a hen laying eggs. But we’re obviously not there yet. So start with the 7 principles of success above, put on your work overalls and get busy.
More Guidelines to Change Your Life:
7 Steps for How to Get What You Want
Best Motivational Quotes to Motivate You
Today’s Best Inspiring Quotes to Inspire Action
How to Be Successful – Traits of Successful People